Poland is confirmed


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The people in Botswana really love Botswana. They love their President they are proud simple people. Some have much and some have nothing. Those that have nothing seem to enjoy life more. Life is more simple. They find such joy in waving to everyone they pass, everytime we drive, everyone we pass waves to us. Sure being anglo we are somewhat a minority, but there are plenty here, so it is notthat they are excited/surprised to see us, they are just overly joyed by friendliness. They all say hello to everyone.

We went for a drive around some local villages, I visited a local pottery and we explored the roads. Everyone as usual waved. (side thought... FREE HUGS would do quite well here) 😊 We found this road that was not yet paved,m but has been made ready to go from one village to another. Normally to go around is nearly 30 k, this road after we drove its distance was 16 k. Much shorter. What was amazing was to think of the about 7 people we passed along that road, they had to have started from one of the ends and were going to the other, there was nothing in between. We saw most people near the halfway point... I did a 5k recently, it took close to an hour... These people were doing a 16 k, carrying baskets on their heads, bags... stuff you know.. they carried stuff and it was 16 k just from entrance to entrance, who knows where they went from there. Either way, they all greeted us with a wave and a smile and "dumelo" hello...

Krystyna, the mother of Kinga Freespirit has written me, she will fetch me on August 13th at 11:30 pm in Gdansk. 😊 I look forward to it. More will come about this. Please do google Kinga Freespirit and understand this passion.

For those that like to read, look for the "#1 Ladies Detective Agency" I have seen many places she speaks of and the people here are fond of the stories, as it is the life in Botswana. You may get a light on for where I am. ( I read the first book, I hear there are 5 more). I am now reading "The Bookseller of Kabul" another good read.

Ok time to go. Much love and smiles.

E

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb