Buenos Aires


Advertisement
South America
December 6th 2011
Published: December 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a marathon flight/s...... We were in the air for 25 hours and on the move for 31 hours. Very spoilt from KL to Argentina with 4 seats between us. Even managed to get a few hours sleep. I had the longest birthday ever in my life - it lasted for 31 hours and 3 continents. Visited an awesome market in the antique district - San Telmo on Sunday afternoon after we arrived. Lovely alfresco setting watching shoppers go by sipping beer.



Monday, after a fabulous sleep headed out to the on off bus to see the highlights. Visited all the tourist spots and will headdoff tomorrow to explore La Boca and the Cementerio de la Recoleta - where Evita's grave resides.



Visited an old original cafe that featured in the West Australian several months ago. I am pretty sure the paint on the walls and the Lino are original. Nice coffee too presented to us by an elderly waiter that seemed to drift around the cafe. John and I gave the staff the newspaper that featured the cafe (a full page spread)only to be informed that the owner had recently passed away. Visited the 2nd best bookshop in the world - El Ateno an old theatre. Visited a bar near our hotel, drank beer and decided to stay on for pizza - yum. funky lively place. Very proud of ourselves - didn't eat until well after 9.00 pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb