Manta Ecuador


Advertisement
South America
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Panama to Ecuador

Well hard to believe that we were here exactly a year ago! Still hot and humid, but a nice little place, filled with Tuna fishing ships!!!
Have had 2 sea days, as usual I was up at 05.00 for the entrance to the first locks in the Panama Canal, although I did say this year that I would stay in bed, as always the fascination of the place got the better of me!!
Life on board has now settled down, the usual round of bridge, lectures, chatting, drinking, sunbashing! etc!! We have a really nice dinner table this year, with 3 other couples who are good fun.
Ha ha!! Entertainment the other night? was Mitsy Gaynor!! (I am sure you all remember her from the original South Pacific?) well, she did a one woman show, aged nearly 80 and well past her "sell by date" but she wanders around the ship as if she were royalty!! and revels in the adulation she receives from all the old dears!! All very amusing. The next night was a young "Liberace lookalike" from Manchester who was far more entertaining, and even had dinner with us last night, he was very good company!
About it for now, sea day tomorrow, then 2 days in the home of Paddington Bear (Lima in deepest Peru) before setting sail for the long crossing across the Pacific. Have now crossed the Equator, miust check the bathwater in the plug hole tonight!
Speak soon
Love Elaine x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb