Arrival in Quito 12/1/2010


Advertisement
South America
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

For the first time in our considerable travels we reserved a room before leaving the states and also made arrangements to be picked up at the airport. We checked our bags through to Quito in S.F. and made our connection easily in Miami. We arrived in Quito feeling pretty good about things. That all ended when our bags didn't show up. It was quite the hassle dealing with Lan Airlines, They claim that American did not get the bags to them on time and that they will come in on tonight's flight. There were three others in the same situation, all flew American, and like us had two+ hours in Miami. We all came from different locations. It appears that American dropped the ball. So, we have to go back to the airport tonight and see if they come in on the plane. This whole fiasco took close to an hour and a half and we were sure that the guy that came to pick us up would be long gone. But there he was right in the front of all the people waiting to pick folks up, with a big sign with Donna's name on it. I think he was almost as glad to see us as we were him. Luis, the driver is a very nice man. He chatted us up about Quito and stopped so we could buy some beer and water. Marco, at the Guest House is also very friendly. From our third floor room we have a fantastic view of the Basilica del Voto National. The Guest house appears to be a fairly nice, quiet neighborhood.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb