Enthusiasm!!!!


Advertisement
South America
September 29th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Can you feel it?
The steam of the jungle air hot in your throat, the curiosity and warth of the people´s gazes, the cleansing that comes with a gentle sweat, the profound beauty in a small breeze, the perfectly creamy mud from the bottom of your lake smoothing your skin with its richness, the relieving splash of cold water dripping from the top of your head down?
Can you hear it?
The laughter barely underneath the words in people´s mouths, the din of the drone of motorcyles, a buzz of salsa and cumbia and reggaeton, the shells and beads clacking playfully from mobiles for sale as they´re held by indigenous vendors, and a Spanish somehow easier to understand even when peppered plentifully with jerga?
Can you smell it?
The heat, the wetness, the dust, the sediment from the river, the burst of petrol as a motorcyle pounds past, the sweetness of the fruit, and the strong cologne from the bodies of both men and women?
Can you taste it?
the delicate shards of iced fruit cutting your tastebuts with cold sweetness, the squishy flesh of pacai as you bite it out from within a two-foot long pod and spit the seed pod as far as you can, or perhaps the astringency of fried plantains sprinkled with the perfect amount of salt?
Can you see it?
Tan folks in bright colors, everyone in flip-flops, abundant fruit-laden market stalls, tropical flowers and trees in courtyards, the illuminated splendor of a glowing and rainbow-surrounded virgin in the front of the cathedral in the dark night, the darkness of a city without power, the far-reaching edge of the Ucayali or the shore of Yarinacocha acrross a wide band of light-brown waters, and the expanse of bright blue sky that hovers enormous over a wide and flat land?
Just to put it in context....


Advertisement



1st October 2010

Oh sweet Goddess
Well darling you are feeding words of nectar and inspiration to this spirit on the other side of the world. Oh wildness and feral jungles, oh sweet heat and fruit so juicy that it is like syrup. Mmmm...mmm...mmm...gots to find my way back to the other side of the world this year to enjoy such nectar of being.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb