The long stay


Advertisement
South America
January 16th 2010
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After our stay in Lima we headed to beautiful Huacachina. This was an amazing little oasis that was perfect for us. After travelling for so long we were ready to take a few days to just relax. And that was what Hauacachina was all about. It is so close to the sun that the temperatures are at very hot levels. Every hostel has there own swimming pool. The first day we arrived all we did all day was lay by the swimming pool. It was very hot! We both regret laying out in the sun for so long because for the next week and half our skin was either very very sun burned or peeling off. Weeks later we are still feeling the effects. The second day we were there we went for a sand buggy tour. Outside Huacahchina there are hundreds of miles of san dunes. We rode in a dune buggy up and down the dunes. It was very much like a roller coaster. The dune buggy would stop at the top of the hills and we would get on snowboards and ride down the dunes. It was fun but did not even come close to snowboarding. The next day we were ready to leave for Cuzco, and this is where all the trouble starts….. The bus companies of Peru decided to go on a transportation strike the day we were planning on leaving. At first it was only suppose to be for a few days. We were ok because we gave ourselves an extra few days to make it to Cuzco before we had to start the inca trail. Then the strike lasted longer and longer. We ended up staying in Huacachina for 7 days, and let me remind you that Huacachina is a very small town. We ended up lying by all the pools in the town, just waiting to leave. We left one day too late and missed our date to leave for the inca trail. We were both really bummed but there was nothing we could do about it so we continued our travels to Cuzco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb