Valparaiso + Vina de Mar


Advertisement
South America
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So Leslie and headed off today (26/01/09) to Valparaiso today at about 2ish we were pretty lucky with our timings as we got the train (yes its basically the best way to travel in Santiago, I do feel a bit for all thoses travellers now on the tube, people are not helpful or all that nice really!!!) to the bus station and our bus was tehre for us so that was cool - its was only an 1.5hrs so we got comfy and was pleased for the short jorney on the bus!!! We got in about 4ish and walñked to the first hostel that we had ear-marked to see..........I know they said it was uphill but it was hot and really pretty steep......hmmm oh well its good exercise apparently hee hee!!! Unfortunately when we got ther eit was full - boo!! So we walked around the corner (further uphill) to other ear-marked one, there was room in this one and I am pleased as it has a real nice homely feel to it ;-) so we check in and the others that are there let us know that the kitchen is pretty clean and free to use - excellent we pop to the shop and make some pasta and sauce with a few extra bits to go with the bottle of wine that we brought from Santiago!!! Was a pretty cool night as some of the others from thwe hostel were all in as well so we playes cards and drank wine - pretty much just what was needed after the end of the tour........we can just chill with a few of the others and have a laugh, and its cheap too, always a bonus!!!

So today we headed off bright and early to take a walk to Casa de Pablo Neruda, it was a real nice walk with lots of planned ´art work´all over the walls ;-) but the views were real nice too was def worth going up there for sure. It was a bit expensive to go around the museum and seeing that all I know is he is a poet and a nobel prize winner, oh and that museums are just not really my kinda of thing, I was happy enough to walk around the gardens for a bit and take in the views as you could see the port and stuff!!!! So in the afternoon we take the train to Vina de Mar to spend some time on the beach - well seriously I have been away for ages and the tan is still real poor - rainy season really did not help!!! So we got off and started walking for ages to the beach, I was really expecting it to be a small beach town from what I had heard but that for sure is not the case.........we then realise that there is a stop nearer to the beach - oh well at least its all real sunny hee hee!!! So the beach was found eventually and we found a spot, on a exceptionally busy beach, I am sure they should all be at work ;-) it was loverly though as there was a fab sea breeze and we really did just sit and chill there - was real loverly that for sure...........had the rest of our pasta at the hostel fir dinner and again chilled with the hostel guests there were a few more of us this time and the owners also had friends around so they all played with us as well - it was a seriously large game of shithead thats for sure!!! Fun though but took sooo long to play!!! ;-) Again a few bottles of wine where drank and a fun and pretty late night for all!!!
So we headed to the bus station and got our tikets to go to Mendoza on the night bus - it is not leaving til 10pm so we have quite a bit of time to kill!!! We take a wander throught the town and get some munchies to take on the bus (these are necessities!!) and basically chill out in the hostel with a few of the others as thiers is just after ours so we are all getting a cab together.............roll on tmw Mendoza and wine!!! ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb