Rio The Mad Place That It Is!!


Advertisement
South America
November 9th 2005
Published: November 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Rio De Janeiro

2

RioRioRio

It is really small
Rio de Janeiro...
What can you say?
Crazy place, favelas everywhere. some are on the waters edge, some go all the way up the mountainside! I still really want to go into one, but I really don´t think it would be the safest idea, so we headed for the beach instead.
After asking several people where we could find a cheap hotel, a couple suggested we try this really good, but cheap one in the Lapa area. We found the hotel, it seemed okay from the outside so we booked one night and paid!
Only once inside did we realise it was a dodgy motel, dark red coridoors, pictures of naked women, mirrors on the ceiling! Oh, well a bed´s a bed!
That couple must have thought me and Elizangela (Andersons Wife) were sneaking away for a dirty weekend or something! Crazy people!
Anyway, we went up to see the Christo and the Sugar Loaf, the view is amazing! However I thought the Christo would be about 3 times the size it actually was!
It looks down it´s nose at all the tourists, which I find quite funny!
We went to some of the beaches which are really beautiful and sandy.
RioRioRio

Beautiful...
The weather wasn´t too good, so we just had to paddle, but it was nice!
Rio was at it´s best when we had had a few drinks, as during the day we spent most of the time trying to find shoes (the flip flops were killing our feet) and food. A warning to anyone thinking about going to Rio: finding food at night is hard, so get a big lunch!!
Anyway, we were quite glad to leave and get back to the more familar Sao Paulo!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb