Mendoza tomorrow... ok why not?¿


Advertisement
South America
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola..
So one monday afternoon after class we decided that we wanted to go somewhere that weekend. We kinda tossed around the idea of Mendoza, Argentinga and decided heey why not. So we started looking around for hostels and got bus tickets for that wednesday night. It was super spur of the moment but turned out to be AMAZING and surprisingly without problems. IT didnt really hit me untilt that wednesday night that I was going to a different country because the whole process of planning it took about 2 days. Our bus left around midnight so we got to Santiago around 5:30. We got some breakfast while we waited for our next bus to leave for mendoza. The distance between the two isnt that far but we had to travel through the mountains. Mendoza was very different then Concepción. The buildings and shops were more like something you would see in the US. The weather was much much warmer so there were tables outside of all the bars and restaurants. After we arrived at our VERY COOL hostel we set up rafting, horseback riding, and trekking for the following day. A van picked us up outside our hostel the next morning at about 9:00 and brought us to the rafting location in the mountains. There were only 7 of us so we all got to share a raft and we had a super cool guide. The outfits on the other hand werent so cute! We rafted for about and hour then had lunch outside by the pool. Cortney, Megan, and I were supposed to go horseback riding while the others went to a different activity. Aparently there was a miscommunication and we were unable to go so were sat around the pool for a while until the others got back. The weekend we went was the same weekend as presidential elections so bars and clubs were closed. We went shopping at the art fair and I got a lot super cute gifts for people. I bought an incredible cool wine rack for my parents made out of twisted branchs but I was unable to bring it through customs into Chile on our way home because it was made out of wood. I was super sad about that and ended up giving it to a random family that lived in Argentina. We got back without a problem and had a GREAT spur of the moment trip!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb