Trip to Caripe


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela
September 8th 2012
Published: September 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

An other trip brought us to Caripe, which is an around 5hours carride from Playa Colorado and located more in the middle of Venezuela. This time we were only 6people in the back of the jeep, which was way more comfortable. There we stayed in a campamento of a 35years old hippi-venezolani! Our group had a small wooden cottage as sleeping room. The campamento was very small and built in an easy way, but very cosy! Most of the time there was no electricity ore running water, but you get used to that. Around the house was a big garden with loads of oranges and manderins, from which we could eat as much as we wanted!
The first day we hiked to a 90meter high waterfall where we took a bath in the pool under it and ate lunch. It was just our group out there in the wildernes- again just wonderful! On the second day we visited the Guave Cuachero , a 11.5km long cave. With a guid and his small light we walked 1.5 km into the cave and watched the stalactits and stalacmits, the thousand cuacharos (birds) and other animals who are living in there. In the afternoon we went to the daily market which was messy but cute. Afterwards we visited a farmer who owns a coffee plantage. He offered us fresh coffee while showing us the whole process. In the evening we met two men from argentina who are travelling around by selling their handmade jewellery. It was so interesting to hear about their opinions what really counts in live! I realised by then how interesting people you meet when you're travelling around and stay in places like that.The next day we hiked up Cerro Negro, an about 2200m high mountain. The path was quite steep and we had to climb once more with hand and feet. What i really enjoyed while walking was the view. We got higher so fast that the view changed quik. You could see over many many hills covered by lots of trees. This evening we went one more time to the cave and watched the birds leaving it for food as it got dark. If i'm honest I was more impressed by the clear starsky. As we were back they made a little party for us in the garden. Party here stays for loud music, rum and salsa salsa salsa.The highlight of the fourth day was as we visited an old lady who makes cacao by her own. We made the whole process with her from the beans to the hot chocolate! It was delicious. We ate and drunk so much that everyone felt naugeous on the way back.On the next day we had to say goodbye to this lovely place and drove back to our Posada in Playa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb