Colonia


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
December 16th 2006
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was just a short journey up to Colonia from Montevido and on the way, we managed to pick up a guy from Oz and the three of us headed to the hostel together. it was really nice (i will try to remeber the name!) and had big, clean dorms and a sunny courtyard.


we went to sort out our ferry for the next day to Buenas Aires and found out that ´cattle class´didn´t leave until 8 the next evening which was good because it meant we had extra time to check out Colonia.

What a pretty city it was! we easily spent the afternoon wandering around the small Marina and quaint little cobbled streets. There was also an Aquarium (which got me excited!) but alas, it was shut until the next day!

That night, the three of us went out for the most amazing fish meal we have had. expensive, but well worth it, especially when the restaurant we were eating at had a table for two in an old classic car, crazy!

After a few deep and meaningfuls about relationships with our new friend, it was definately time to get a box of wine and head back to our friendly hostel! It was pretty busy which was good and there were also a few faces we recognised which is always nice. i called it a night and went to sweat in out 6 bed dorm with the broken fan while amy danced the night away at what sounded like a pretty cool club (you will have to ask her for more details!)

The next day was pretty relaxed, reading and catching up on diaries! We did however, managed to fit in a stroll to the waterfront and a visit to the aquarium (don´t think it will be in our top ten dad, no sea horses!) but non the less, i still think fish are fascinating!!

after a quick shower (it was in the 30´s still) we headed to the port and saw some more friendly faces from Punto Del Diablo which made for a good crossing to Buenas Aires. It took three hours and included a great sunset and the views of Buenas Aires when we got close were pretty good too!

So all in all, a great visit to Uruguay and we are both so pleased we had the time to fit it in.

Hope everyone is well.

Will be writting from NZ next, crazy!

Laura
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb