World Cup champions!


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
December 30th 2022
Published: January 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Yes, Argentina won the Soccer World Cup a few weeks ago but today they also earned the prestigious title of winner for the lesser known competition World Cup of Inefficiency. It was a hard fought contest with some east Africa nations, but their commitment to endless lines and meaningless bureaucracy helped them over the line. And we got to enjoy the celebrations on our day trip to Colonia.

We thought we’d have a few hours to enjoy the quaint Uruguayan village just across the Rio de la Plata but thanks to the Argentinian commitment to their craft, we had just over an hour. While it was a beautiful place to visit, and the best (only) icecream in town lived up to its name, none of us are sure it was worth the endless lining up, waiting, queues and general inefficiencies we were subjected to. If nothing else, at least we will appreciate Tanzanian organisation a little more next time we’re there!

Anyway, we enjoyed a wander around the cobblestone streets and the beautiful square surrounded by cute buildings. And we watched someone propose which was pretty cute.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017kb