Getting to Punto Del Diablo


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Diablo
January 4th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hi all again,
Well from iguazu we managed to get our selves to Uruguay in two days. We were very good to ourselves on the wayt back from Iguazu and we got the most luxurious bus were the seats go right down into a bed. Its not the expensive and well its a long old trip. So we left Iguazu in our fancy bus and headed back to Buenos Aires. The plans was to keep going until we reached Uruguay. We did the over night bus and then off the bus and walked to the boat terminal which was about a 20min walk from the bus terminal which was near where we had the bikes stolen so i don't like it very much around there. So we got to the boat terminal and it was so complicated to get a ticket. Actually it was complicated to find out when a boat would leave. So we just qued and hoped we were in the right que, which of course we weren't. So off to another que where you book your ticket. Back to the other que to pay for the ticket and back to another que to check in and then up to immigration to que to get our passports signed . All in the space of a half hour we were on the boat out of Argentina. Impressed! I am!
So there we were on our way to Uruguay, Colonia to be specific. A very cute little town with not much going on so we decided only to stay one night in the backpackers and head off to La Paloma on our way to Punto Del Diablo. That night we had the local dish which was the BEST burger i ever tasted. It had peas and sweetcorn and steak and egg and lettuce and some more things but it was deliciosa.
The next morning we got the bus to La Palome via Montevideo! I hate cities most of the time and this was no exception. Not the niciest city and lickily we were only going to be there for 8 hours and ther gettin out of there on the bus to La Paloma. We arrived in La paloma late and it was getting a bit dark so we had to hurry to get the old tent up. Its Virgin Voyage! And all went well! Tent up and prepartion for dinner! Remember the fuel we bought in Buenos Aires it was its virgin voyage too and well it was a disaster! there was so much black smoke it covered our pot in an inch of soot. But we were hungry so we persisted and dinner got cooked and we got distroyed in black.
This is where we met Tina and Andy a german couple. They were very pissed the first night and it was funny.
The next morning we got up and headed to the beach for a swim and a little jog to run off some calories and it felt gooood. Had breakfast and tried to clean the pots. It waas a quiet day. Next day we went to the beach again and boy it was roasting! Got a little burnt after 2mins and so went for a swim and then back to the tent. We walked into town to get some supplies and a look around.We bought some ice-creams and sat on a bench. While sitting there a dog came over and i was nice to it so it wouldn't eat me and that was the biggest mistake.
It followed us everywhere. We tried to get rid of it by splitting up but that was just stupid but funny. We went in to the super market and stayed there for awhile but when we came out it was there. Now i was getting pissed off and we needed to get angry with this dog. But the stupid mut wpuld not take the hint and now we were on the way back to the campsite and all i could imagine was waking up and this thing out side the tent. Anyway eventually Joost got angry and scared it away, thank god. No more nice to stray dogs.
The next morning we had to catch a bus to Punto Del Diablo at 10:30 or something like that but we ran late and so we hoped the bus would stop outside the campsite. While we were waiting an old man stopped on his bike and said we missed our bus, but we thought how does he know what bus we are getting. Anyway another elderly couple joined in and we talked to them. They were from Uruguay but living in France and he was a cyclist and won medles. Not sure if they were olympic but he was good at it.
Anyway the bus did come, if not a bit late it did arrive and off we went to Punto Del Dialblo.
Till next time. xxxx


Advertisement



2nd March 2009

intresant verhaal van dat duitse koppel, misschien is er een link met de achter volging van de hond?

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb