Peru: land of the Incas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
February 4th 2013
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We stayed three weeks. We visited Lima and all the beautiful places this city has to offer. La punta is a peninsula and is mostly an upper middle class distric, there you can also visit the near islands. We went to Larcomar which is a shopping center in the Miraflores district and it's along the cliff next to the sea (amazing view of the sunset). Last place we visited in Lima was the Magic Water Tour, definitively do not miss!.

Finally we took our flight to Cusco, we soffered a little bit of altitude illness but after mate de coca and a pill we were ready to see the city. We recommend to take all the tours you can, specially the Sacsayhuaman and Ollaytantambo Tour. This places are little of what you'll see in Machu Picchu.

The train to Aguas Calientes departed very very early. Oh, a little advice! if you want to do shopping you have to do it here in this town because the things up in Machu Picchu are sooooo expensive.
Once we arrived to the this little town we took a bus to go up the mountain and it took forevere! but what you see when you enter to the Sacred Valley worth it.
Something magic happened when we saw this amazing city all built in stone....speachless!. I felt like I belonged to that place since forevere. It's a proof men can do everything whith a little help and commitment. We did it and you must do it too, sit down or lay in the grass and just admire the view, the city, the people. It's an amazing experience.
This is a trip to do at least once in a lifetime.... we can't wait to come back 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



25th August 2014
Machu Picchu

how cute!!!! Amazing place btw...
7th September 2014
Machu Picchu

Lindos!
Me encanta esa foto :)

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb