Day 5: Nazca & Puerto Inca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was another earlyish start as the 2 of us were boarding the midgetish plane ever! A 4-seater. It was tiny! but super clear blue sky so we boarded the plae to look at the Nazca lines! my eyes failed me a bit with a few but some amazing views from up there! check out the pics! 😊 So many images engraved into the ground and its a mystery as to how they got there! naturally i took my camera ready to get my zoom on and capture the moments but the battery was charging in the bus wasn't it! A batteryless camera is def not ideal! So Elles cam did a damn good job! Awesome experience besides the lil cute asian man with a giant camera next to be getting very excited and bowling me out the way constantly! Expensive but glad we did it!

The rest of the ganng then came and picked us up in the truck and we got all of 80m before breaking down in the middle of this completely empty concrete slab! The boys played mechanic with jumpsuits and all and 5 hours later we were on the road! So that was pretty much our whole day but luckily they got us sorted cos if not we would have had to skip the beach that night and get on a public bus for over 8 hours!

So we got to this lil secluded beach in Puerto Inca at about 6ish and set up camp. BBQ for dinner and punch with a bonfire on the beach. Great night but relatively sleepless night again cos the waves were crashing so hard against the cliff!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb