Day 1 & 2 Lima/Pisco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
May 8th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MirafloresMirafloresMiraflores

Quick walk through a park in Mirafloes
Up early for breaky in the morning, also had to meet up with our tour leader (not a guide). Had a cold shower in the morning - for some reason I feel like I will have to get used to that in SA! We stayed in a place called Miraflores in Lima, which is supposed to be the nice part of the city but it is a bit hard to tell because it was overcast. It brightened up in the afternoon and we had a little walk around but didn’t get to see much of the city.

Met up with our tour leader, Manny, a 6 foot 2 Cuban that loves to dance, and the rest of the group, a great mix, 4 French-Canadians, 5 English, 2 Canadians, 1 Australian/Canadian and an Irish guy. We headed off to Pisco at around lunch time to stay over night, looking forward to getting the show on the road!

Our first long haul bus experience, the views were amazing, but lots of poverty in Peru - people living in small shacks in the hills. The great thing about Peruvians is that they are the happiest people you could meet regardless of their
Miraflores streetMiraflores streetMiraflores street

On the way to the hotel
situation - it was very humbling. Anyway, we checked into our lovely hotel in Pisco - lots of bamboo and a lovely roof terse. Pisco was nice but was devastated by a huge earthquake last year. Dinner was great, we got to formally introduce ourselves to the rest of the group, which was followed by lots of drinking games, and in one game I lost, as punishment I had to have an argument with a piece of furniture in the corner, thanks Manny! Karen discovered her favorite drink - Pisco Sours, a drink that tastes kind of like tequila. It's made with pisco, egg whites, lemon, sugar and ice - she had lots! Ended up on the roof terrace for a couple more drinks with the guys and then headed to bed. Was a really good first day and we are really looking forward to spending the next couple of weeks touring around Peru!

-- By Paul



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The hills have eyes!The hills have eyes!
The hills have eyes!

One of the many views on our way to Pisco
PiscoPisco
Pisco

Just outsite our hotel in Pisco. No building because of the earthquake


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb