Photos?


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
July 30th 2011
Published: July 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Written by Amy (I miss milk. As a personal tip, if your sons and daughters like milk, I'd stock up for them)


So we have completed our project work in a small village 40 minutes outside of Tarapoto called Solo. It had about 300 people in total, and we slept in our tents in a community school like hut next to the river, of which we were so pleased to wash in after making mud bricks. Thats right, we made mud bricks for 3 days. This process was an interesting and eye opening one of which we have found out several things about our team members such as Amber being incredibly good at "stomping" the mud with her feet. very good. We also found out the true lengths of Davids clumsiness and has now been nicknamed Bupa - suprised we let him out with a pickaxe.
Our cooking skills have improved and the locals wished to know why the hell we didn't swim in rivers in England, most of them also seemed incredibly shocked at the amount of bites we have all over our legs.

We finished off our project phase with White Water Rafting with the leader of the community guiding us in one boat and Mr Chow from The Hangover leading the other. The boys ended up in one boat and the girls the other, and at one point he managed to get them all to jump off the boat, swim to ours and pull us all out. Lovely huh? Basically did the "later gay boys" wave as well, brilliant.


Currently we're in Chacapoyas after a 5 hour bus journey to Pedro Ruiz and then a further 2 hours one here. After arriving, accommodation did not quite work out as expected due to the tourist week following Independence Day so a helpful man has moved us into a school for the next 2 nights. We spent our first night here and it genuinely felt like a horror movie. So creepy. But on the other hand we have one hot shower between us all! Wohoo. After a breakfast of hot chocolates, cappucinos, american hamburgers and crepes we were refuelled to explore the markets.

After this we move onto Gocta Waterfall and Kuelap Ruins for our acclimatisation treks. Then another 12 days and all your rascals are back with you after finally trying guinea pig tonight!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb