Day 16 Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca » Taquile Island
June 14th 2013
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left the hotel at 7am and caught a Tutu down to the port. We nearly ran over a lady. Bit scarey with all the other traffic around. The boat ride to Tequela Island took about 3 hrs. We apparently had the very slow boat. Hydrofoils can do it in 1/2 hour. We got of and walked to the top of the island to the main square. It is a communal island. The men knit the handicrafts. Most of the island is terraced. Walked across the other side of the island where we had lunch. It was very nice. Quinoea Soup and then trout. Trout was introduced to the lake as the native fish are very small. They are starting to eat the native fish now. After lunch we walked down to the boat and then went across toLlachon where we stayed the night with a local family. When we arrived we met our host and they took us back to their house. They were holding a festival so they dressed us in custume and we then went down to watch the bull fight. They weren´t very fiece bulls. After that was over we went to the local square where some of the locals danced around. We then went down to the communal kitchen and help prepare veggies for tea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb