Amazon and Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Madre de Dios
May 19th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here are a few photos

Hi All,
We survived the rainforest and it was awesome. We got to see Cabybara's, caymans, two species of monkeys and lots of birds. We heard a Jaguar growl, but didn't see it. The lodge was nice, food was great and the only low points were the cold ride in the canoe due to a cold front came in and we got a little wet and cold on the 4 and half hour canoe ride. Also the cold showers were not my favorite but by the last night I was standing under the shower with the water on all the way, the weather had warmed up and we had just came back from a long hike. We met 3 great couples, one from Cape Cod, one from N. Carolina and one from Holland. The flight to Cusco was uneventful and we're just really tired from getting up at 4:30am which getting up early has been way too often the last few days, we had to be up early to hike and early again today to fly. Looks like at this hotel I can't upload photos so I'll have to add them at an internet cafe. Oh Wayne is a little dizzy from the altitude and I was doing fine but my head is hurting a little now and the lack of sleep is wearing on me. So off to bed soon for both of us and we're looking forward to another warm shower tomorrow 😊.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

CanoeCanoe
Canoe

Our Conoe for our 4 and half hour journey.


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb