Lovely Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
October 23rd 2012
Published: October 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

October 22nd
Lima surprised us we thought it would be a run down poor city but instead where we stayed in Miraflores was very up-market and very close to a large retail complex overlooking the sea a bit like Gun Wharf Quays. Sunday morning the area was a hive of activity with people jogging, cycling, running, hang-gliding, surfing. We were accosted by a group of about 9 young people "can we ask you a question" they were college students trying to find out about the UK after they wanted photos and shook our hands and kissed us and took all our money- joking they were delightful. Had an amazing meal of carpaccio and ceviche on the pier and walked and walked about 350 steps down and again up from the beach and then wandered around Lima central. Saw some amazing paintings and people just enjoying Sunday afternoon Next day we had to leave and fly to Cusco, the flight was a surprise we were booked on first class Thank you Condor travel! Champagne flowed but we forgot we were travelling to an area 13000 ft above sea level and had promised to be teetotal oh well that's life. Cusco is a beautiful town but we were a little light headed. We were taken on a tour of the area so much for relaxing it took about 4 hours but it was lovely to be in the countryside. Steve was on form asking the guide the name of the donkey she looked puzzled and Steve said "O T" donkey O T get it? She laughed but then she laughed at all of his jokes! An early meal repack into small bags for the trip to Machu Picchu pack our other bags and try to write a laundry list just proved too much, how many pairs of pants? then we couldn't sleep life is full of nice surprises!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb