On the way North through Peru and Ecuador


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
July 7th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After we left Cusco we went on to head further north. A 20 Hours busride brought us first to Peru's Capital Lima situated in the desert on the west coast. The city doesn't have much to offer but really crazy heavy traffic and a rather unspectacular old town. One of the most worth seeing sights there is the waterpark that is colorfully illuminated in the evening.

So only some 24hrs after we arrived in Lima we went on the 8hrs busride to Trujullo, a cute little town north of Lima, with some colonial buildings and some archeological sites around (which we did actually not visit due to the bad weather and little time).

On Sunday evening (21 May) we went on the way to Ecuador. Overnight busride - border crossing - another 12hrs busride - arriving in Quito in the evening.

Quito is a nice and modern town. Besides its colonial old town it has a good cultural life and nightlife to offer. People in Ecuador are really nice and friendly. So we had a short but pleasant stay of 5 days in Ecuador, before we went on to... COLUMBIA!!!

Greets


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb