Lima - Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
October 14th 2008
Published: October 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LimaLimaLima

Plaza De Mayo
To all of you who have said I´ve been negative and not very witty on the Galapagos, well I´m saying it as I see it. It looks like I´m not that enthusiastic about wildlife, especially when it´s explained by someone (I´d describe it more bluntly, but my nephew and neice are also on the blog list) who thought he should be in the movies and answering questions was far beneath his status.

Quito - Lima
We´d booked a taxi for 5pm (3 hrs before departure) for the airport, it arrived a little late, but the traffic was such that we arrive at the airport (normally 20mins) 2hrs later, infact three of our Intrepid cruise friends: Lizzy, Christine & Narela, left an hour later and got there before us!

Arrive in Lima around 11pm. We were picked up by transport booked with the tour operator. He was really good, in the forty minutes to the hotel he told us all about Peru´s problems with Chile. The History of rivalry (not hot on spelling and this blog hasn´t got a spell checker and this keyboard is configured badly).

Hotel (located in the upmarket Mirafora area) was great: had fresh mangos
LimaLimaLima

Plaza De Mayo
etc for breakfast. We hired a taxi to take us to Plaza De Majo, the main plaza, this was fun, Those of you who have travelled in India will know that rules are there to disobey, and this chap thought he was a formula 1 driver ( I wondered why he asked me about F1 as we got in the car). He (any everybody else) ignored the traffic lights, at one point we were turning left and he blocked the middle lane (there where 3 lanes but five lines of cars) and cut the chap infront to turn left. The Plaza (and weather - my watch displayed 24) was great. Back to the hotel and we went for a walk on the main street (one block from the hotel), it was really nice, with little parks with immaculately kept lawns and flower beds, nice little eatery and cafe bars. On the other side of the hotel we came across the Pacific ocean, there´s a lovely set of shops and cafes hangout out of the cliff side, people were jogging, serfing, walking there dogs. All-in-all a very nice morning.
Caught the 3pm flight to Cusco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

LimaLima
Lima

Plaza De Mayo
LimaLima
Lima

Plaza De Mayo
LimaLima
Lima

Plaza De Mayo


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb