Last night in Lima :(


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
May 27th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a similar journey back to Lima from Puerto Maldonado involving a plane, a bus and a boat! The minute we arrived at the hotel Paul and I tried frantically to sort out accommodation in BaƱos (think we managed) and then proceeded to get ready for our last night on the town with the GAP group. Paul had been threatening to shave his head since we left Ireland and he decided that tonight would be the night! So off he went... happy as larry...... but....... half way through the shaver decided to stop working!! ;-) I have to say I thought this was pretty funny, but Paul on the other hand did not. It looked like the shaver was clogged and Paul needed a screwdriver to fix it. We had lost our Swiss army knife with all its bells and whistles somewhere else in Peru so I rang around all the others in an attempt to find something that would do the trick. In the meantime I used a small nail scissors to try to cut the remaining hair... Unfortunately that just made Paul look more like a raving lunatic!! I don't have any photos (I wasn't allowed!!)... But thanks to Steve who had a screwdriver handy, Paul managed to fix the shaver and shave the rest of his head.... poor thing was soooo relieved!!

Once we recovered from the head-shaving incident we all headed out for dinner in a lovely restaurant by the sea where Paul and I shared a giant sea-food platter.... gorgeous! After dinner we headed to a local casino to play a few games of roulette.... we lost but Louise made a fortune!! After an hour or so we said our goodbyes to the few that wanted to stay in the Casino.... Manni our crazy Cuban guide, Paul and Louise, Steve, Natalie, etc... It was so sad having to part ways with everyone! After the casino, a few of us headed to the local Irish bar... which was pretty dodgy to say the least. After one drink we headed back to the hotel because most of us were up early to catch flights the following morning. After more sad goodbyes to Emma, Joanie, Karl and Sam we headed to bed.

Our 3 week group tour of Peru has been amazing. We met some amazing people and made some friends for life!! We're really sad to have to say goodbye to these guys but at the same time we're looking forward to the rest of our time in South America. Next stop Ecuador!!!!

-- By Karen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb