Lima, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
November 9th 2015
Published: November 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco cathedral San Francisco cathedral San Francisco cathedral

The catacombs are subterrain here
Breakfast was awesome; I've been avoiding OJ as it looks like it may have water in it but here it actually looked like squeezed juice so indulged in that and the fresh fruit on offer; I've got away with it a few times but I'll continue to be wary.

First up we did a city tour of Lima which has a population of nearly 10 million people! We took in plenty of city sites with the - to be expected - churches and old buildings etc but my favourite was the museum and catacombs. I'd always wanted to go to some catacombs as we missed the ones in Rome and Paris. Catacombs are subterranean passageways with chambers used as burial places. They were just as I'd read about.

Following this we went to get Trev a haircut, we had fun (and so did the hairdresser) trying to convey in Spanish and charade-like gestures what he wanted; a good laugh! From there I was thrilled to find Starbucks where we went together and recouped before heading to the local supermarcardo for a restock and dinner. On the way back to the hotel I managed to shut our map and we had an "oh shit" moment before Trev landmark spotted our way back, phew!

It seems since we entered Ecuador the temperature has been more agreeable, sitting around the mid (sometimes high) 20's which has been a welcome reprieve from the sweltering temperatures of Central America.

We caught up with string, Jeff and Deane in the evening for a nightcap before calling it a night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement








12th November 2015
To add street appeal to your pork burger simply serve upon a cooked pigs head - better living everybody ?

LUNCH !!
Sends a shiver down your spine doesn't it !! Though I do believe that if you eat like this all the time your system learns to accept it. Now is probably not the time for you to start acclimatising however :-)

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb