Day 202 Peru, Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 8th 2015
Published: June 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



So we arrived in Lima airport at 2pm, it was a lot hotter than we thought, lucky I still had shorts on and Vicky had about 4 layers so she was really hot!!

Once we got our bags we found Vick’s bag had been tampered with as the pad lock wasn’t through the metal hooks of the bag but just through the material of the zip straps. She wasn’t too annoyed because she didn’t have anything in their at all worth stealing or that she couldn’t replace. It turns out that her bag had been chosen for a through inspection at the LAX airport whilst going through there own large luggage scans. There was a little leaflet inside stating that it isn’t their fault if they break the pad-lock and that the scans are necessary for peoples safety. Luckily my lock was still in tact-they must have a master key for them all…



We had to wait for an hour for our taxi pick up and even after phoning the hostel we still had to get a taxi ourselves, which lonely planet and loads of people have warned us not to do as they are rip offs or worse, however we did ok and paid what we expected into town…50 soles.



We got dropped off outside our hostel ‘1900 Backpackers’. We checked in and the guy behind the desk kept apologizing about the pick up. The hostel was nice, clean and had a lot of Europeans in. Our 12-bed dorm was nice and the facilities were just what we needed.



We went for a walk around, mainly to go to the supermarket. We need to get some stuff for dinner and as it was about 6pm by the time we had caught up on emails and everything. The receptionist was so good there, he showed us this web site for cheap bus travel, the site was http://busportal.pe. We booked up to Nazca and then onto Cusco in dollars for cheaper than we thought it would be. All confirmation had come through so we were quite happy.



I cooked us a dinner of tomato, corn, oregano and stock pasta it was good considering it was all we had!!! We sat in the bar chatting to people while having dinner.



Vick headed to bed as she was tired but I stayed out drinking and ended up with Vick coming to take me to bed after doing a lot of Pisco sours, Cuba libres and shots with a lot of Americans!!! Messy!!!



I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow!! Haha



Love N&V X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb