Rumi, Lisa and Ron in South America!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
July 25th 2013
Published: July 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are finally here! But this trip wouldn't be an official dovzak-heath trip without an official screwup (like when we got on the wrong train when leaving Varanasi 4 years ago and, boy, was that a screwup!!!) so we decided to get it out of the way first thing this trip so we missed our connecting flight out of LAX to Lima!! Oh, boy!! Not very good! On retrospect, it was due to a series of events that came together, conspiring against us. First, our flite in PHX sat on the runway for an hour until traffic cleared @ LAX and then the luggage took a half an hour to come out (why we didnt just check our bags right thru in PHX dont ask me!) and then we waited a good 20 min. for the terminal bus to take us around (it never came!) so we decided to walk across, which was closer than we remembered it to be but with all of our luggage, instruments and carry on bags it amounted to Lisa and I's annual stress test as by the time we got across to Term. 6 we were both sweating and our hearts were ready to jump out of our chests! All of this was to no avail as our spirits and bags dropped to the floor as we saw the COPA airlines checkin counter all closed and dark! Dang! (That's not exactly what i said!!@&$?/#&$/&!!!). Luckily (if there is any luck in this at all), the next flite was at 6:30am (it was 11:15pm at that moment) so after getting a bite at the McD's in the next terminal we scoped out some good seat space and bedded down until we were able to to get to the COPA counter at 3:30am to give them more of our money!

Needless to say, when we arrived in Lima at 7:30pm that evening, we were exhausted! But our taxi driver was there with a sign identifying us (or someone close enough to us) and before long we were on our way to our hostel in Lima, Peru! And our trip was officially on ITS way...

Advertisement



25th July 2013

Glad you made it!
Yes, every trip has it's "challenges." But well done, esp your writing of it--very entertaining :) Look forward to all of your entries. So nice to ride along..
25th July 2013

Hola
Just a short note to wish u a safe and fun adventure in Peru.looking forward to see pictures. Enjoy the good food!!
22nd October 2013

hola!
We returned home on October 17th! What a fantastic journey!! I still need to finish the blog with a Machu Picchu/Sacred Valley section!! enjoy the pix on FB.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb