Lima, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 4th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Peru Flavoured Chips?Peru Flavoured Chips?Peru Flavoured Chips?

Tasted a bit like chili peppers :)
Well, here we are in South America. We spent most of today hanging out in the airport, reading our books and waiting for our flight.

Flight was great. It was only about 4 hours I think, so a little shorter than we thought.

Since we didn´t check any baggage, we were really quick through customs and were out in the lobby. We spent about 5 minutes looking around for the driver with a sign with our names on it, since the hostel was sending us someone to pick us up, but we found "Hector" in no time.

Hector was a cool driver. Because we speak enough Spanish, he was able to give us a mini tour as we drove the 30 mins from the airport to the hostel.

Sarah and I are SO impressed already. Lima is definitely a step up from Tegus. Because we live in Central America, this place seems SO built up and so develped. At points, I felt like we were driving in Toronto or some other big city back home. The buildings are much bigger and things seem cleaner.

We arrived at the hostel. Cute place called Malaka Youth Hostel. We´ll be leaving tomorrow at 330am, so we won´t get to use the cool climbing wall out back this time, but we already told them we´ll be back at the end of our trip for a few nights. We got a private room with two beds and breakfast included for $12 per person. Free internet right now too!

We unloaded our stuff and were given directions and told it was safe to walk to the bus station to buy our tickets for tomorrow, and guarantee us space. We felt kinda sketchy at first, walking out and 930pm, but we soon realized just how safe we were. There were tons of people out walking, and we even saw several police along the way (which compared to Honduras, where police can even be corrupt, is much different here).

We were relieved to find out our Honduran bank cards work here, purchased our tickets, and then got out some local SOLs from the bank machine and bought some drinks and snacks (as the food on the plane was enough of a dinner) including Lays potato chips with the flavour "Peruvanisimas". Puruvian flavoured chips? cool! They taste like chili peppers. Very good.

So now we´re gonna have some hot showers and head to bed. We have to be up in about 4 hours. YIKES!!! Sleeping on buses will save us during this trip.

We´re off to Paracas tomorrow to see the Ballestas Islands and then heading to Ica (Huacachina desert) from there.

Hopefully I´ll get to post once a day. If not, don´t worry. Peru feels great already.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb