London - Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 30th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a very early start on Monday morning I got my first flight to Madrid from Heathrow. It was leaving at 6.20am so we had to be there at ridiculous 0 clock in the morning! Mum, Dad and Chris were going to work after seeing me off so I bet they were feeling shattered! Im very grateful to all of you for taking me, thankyou!

We flew with Iberia, it was Ok but pretty basic. The flight from Madrid to Lima was delated by about 40mins so when we eventually landed in Lima (after 11.5 hours) we thought we d missed our transfer to the hotel, and when out bags came off near the end we were panicking slightly that they were missing, luckily we made it to the hotel bags and all! The rest of our tour had gone out for dinner to meet each other and break the ice but Ann and I were so tired we just collapsed in bed and slept right through till morning! Its 6 hours behind in Peru and seeing as we had missed an entire nights sleep it wasnt too hard to get used to the time difference.

The next day we had a welcome meeting and met the rest of the tour group. After that we had a coach journey to Pisco. Unfortunately we arrived early evening so we only really had time to have dinner and sample one of their famous drinks, the Pisco Sour! They were very nice but so sweet...even I cant really drink more than one in one go!

We had an early start the next day so got some much needed beauty sleep!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.2kb