Peru: Lima and MATE


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 3rd 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Lima (3/6/2018 - 5/6/2018)


From beautiful snow-capped mountains to the busy city *sniff*. Not really a city girl myself, my time here was short and sweet. Lima is the capital and the largest city of Peru; and lies on the country's arid Pacific coast. My favourite activity here was a visit to MATE (pronounced mAH-teh): the Mario Testino photography museum. It was also free because it was a Sunday, jackpot!

Peruvian born but living in the England for many years, Mario Testino has been a fashion photographer for the past 20 years. MATE was founded in 2012 and is located in the hipster area of Lima, Barranco. As well as celebrity photography, Mario seeks to portray his Peruvian culture through his gorgeous, bright and glossy photography.

One exhibition featured large images of Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Zayne Malik. But the Alta Moda exhibition focused on highlighting traditional Peruvian costume and dress, typically worn during festivals and significant personal events (deaths, marriages, etc).

It was a vibrant and colourful portrayal of local people from all over the mountain region of Cusco, and contained the most interesting content of the art gallery in my opinion. I hope you enjoy my five favourite photos from the Alta Moda! For more information, click here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The PlazaThe Plaza
The Plaza

City Centre


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb