The Lima Trail!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Cañete
February 27th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Bus to Cerro AzulThe Bus to Cerro AzulThe Bus to Cerro Azul

Out the window

CANETE



We arrived in Canete off a busy Pan America bus, after stumbling off the bus with our packs we headed out onto the street to get our baring. After a bit of wondering, reading and arguing we decided to get a taxi out to Cerro Azul (Blue Beach) at the costly sum of 3quid.

After not having any joy from either of our guide books suggesting places to go on the coast up too Lima, i had a dig on the internet and came across Cerro Azul. A popular holiday spot for rich Peruvians on a lovely stretch of beach, so we thought we should check it out and see what all the hype was about.


CERRO AZUL


Cerro Azul was a long stretch of beautiful beach, with a small settlement at one end with some very nice houses and hotels, leading out a good few km before heading off at another rocky peak. Not forgetting the fish market and massive peir with the world and his wife fishing for crabs off it.

After wondering up the beach and the excitement of seeing a seal on the beach, only to have to deal with the
The Bus to Cerro AzulThe Bus to Cerro AzulThe Bus to Cerro Azul

The changing scenery
dissappointment of finding it dead upon closer inspection, we headed back to town. Managing to find a cheap room for 20 sols (5quid) and splashed out on some fancy seas food for the same price as the room!

We woke the next day to find a sea mist of epic proportions, so spent the day wondering around the town, eating cake and the local deliciuseas, which ended up not sitting to well with Kjersti. I had a swim in the sea, it was cold but had to be done and we retired for the evening.


ASIA



The next day, we could a collectivo back to Canete and jumped on the pan- america bus to a place called Asia. This was another place I had found whilst tralling the net. Apparently, peru had it's very own poor mans verison of Ibiza with super clubs and shopping complex. After the level of poverty and under development we had seen, I was keen to see how and what this place looked like.

Unfortunately, due to us both bus napping we woke after our stop (unbeknown to us) and jumped off to find ourselves in the baking sun on
Cerro AzulCerro AzulCerro Azul

Out on the beach
a strip of motorway, with not much else.
We managed to catch a collectivo out to the beach front, only to find it deserted. I had a wonder around and the small seaside town wer had ended up in was the sae, hardly anyone their. A bit bemused we checked into a hotel and set abt exploring our surroundings and trying to find all these clubs the internet had gone on about.

Eventually after a internet search, we realised the error of our ways and caught another bus 45minutes back down the road, to find the strange thing we had come across yet. A massive cheshire oaks style complex with all western shops and massive flood lighting sat out in the middle of the desert. Very strange indeed to find something we're so familiar with out in the middle of the desert in a developing country. We did a bit of shopping and headed back to our hotel in the deserted sea side town , which we now knew wasn't Asia! Unfortunately the clubs were closed co's it was mid week but no big loss as the prices seemed to reflect the western setting.

The next day we
Cerro AzulCerro AzulCerro Azul

Out on the Beach 2
woke early to play in the hotels pool and did some cloudy sunbathing. A new experience but the heat was definitely theire, as my sunburn proved a day later!

In the afternoon we headed back out to the highway and caught a bus onto the heat of Lima.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cerro AzulCerro Azul
Cerro Azul

Out on the pier!
Cerro AzulCerro Azul
Cerro Azul

The Beach stretch
Cerro Azul Cerro Azul
Cerro Azul

The Sunset
Cerro AzulCerro Azul
Cerro Azul

Pretty niffy Sunset pic


Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb