Time flies by


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Trujillo
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, now we have spent a couple of weeks here in Trujillo. And yes it has been very quiet in on the Blog, have had to much things to adjust to over here!

Well, as I said in the last entry, was that I live with a woman called Doris. In my house there was two other girls (from USA) who was sharing a room, but one of them (Andrea) left this morning to go back home. What's nice though is that we have a new girl here now (also from the states) which is sharing my room.
Chris has his own room out in the garden of his family's house, and his own bathroom. It's a nice place. His house is much bigger than our apartment, and they have a really ugly rooster (tupp), which is of some kind of Chinese of Japanese breed, and kept Chris awake a couple of mornings, until it got moved to the other side of the house.

I came here to work as a volunteer in an orphanage, but in the end I changed and now I am in a nursery for children of poor families, it's called Wawa Wassi (house of babies, in the old language of Quechua). In this nursery they take care of the children during the days so that their parents can go to work, without bringing their kids with them. And Wawa Wassi work a lot with the stimulation of the kid's development, and make sure they get a good nutrition.
It's a nice place to be, my group is mostly boys, and the oldest one is 3 years old and quite a warrior... or at least, he never listens.
It's cute to see some of the progresses that the children do, when they start to be able to count, or when they actually say the right color, or as today when one of the babies walked on her own for the first time!!

It's so nice to be around these kids, but also so tiring... so our weekends have not really been full of partying..
Chris, who's tierd from studying his Spanish four plenty of hours a day (and really getting good at it, even though he doesn't think so himself) and me tierd from all the kids, usually go to some quiet beach resort and just enjoy the calmness, and good food at restaurants.
We have nice food at home, but sometimes it's nice with a change.
I'm actually starting to long for the "normal" food at home, (maybe because I got food poisoning the other week, and ended up being quite sick.)

Something we've got obsessed with here is the cakes though! They are amazing!
Hopefully me and Chris can burn the cake calories of at the salsa lessons we've started, I don't know how good we really are, but at least it's fun!

Ok.. that was a little update...
Not so much time left of my little trip now. Come home on the 28th of June.
Before that we are planning on a trip to Ecuador though, so all fun isn't over yet!!

See you all soon though!!

Lot's of Love

Rosanna

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb