Seascapes & an old adobe city


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Trujillo » Chan Chan
August 29th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Peru yesterday! We have been meeting up with lots of fellow travellers from Holland, Germany, and France. We took the red eye bus - 11pm to 9 am to Peru from Ecuador. Crossing the border was interesting....we had to get off the bus at 4 am and sit outside for 2 hours while the immigration officer watched movie videos....We then got to Piura and stayed for only 2 hours, then we were off to Trujillo, Peru. We arrived in Trujillo at 8pm last night and took a taxi to Huanchaco... a small fishing/surfing village just outside the city. We randomly met up with 3 other travellers at the hostel we are staying.. Nayramp, it´s on the ocean! Joel ordered a pitcher of beer thinking it would be a tall beer last night. He felt it this morning.

Joel is famous down here. We went to an old inca ruin, CHan Chan. So was a school of around 30 kids who all wanted individual pictures with Joel and I. They were grabbing Joel´s shirt and wanted his autograph. IT was hilarious. The teachers wanted their pics with us too. They were nice and gave us a ride back to the main highway to the bus stop. They gave us plantana = bananas.

We are off to Huraz for more mountain scape.

Hasto luego

C & J



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb