Sea lions, dolphins and birds, oh my!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
June 24th 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we went out on a boat tour of the Islas Ballestas and then drove/walked aroundthe national reserve. It was awesome. On the boat portion we saw dolpins, sea lions and birds all feeding on a school of fish. We even got to see adorable penguins just waddling and hoppin' along!

The park was incredible. Apparently they mine salt there, and half of the dunes are salt not sand. It gives the whole thing this incredible sparkle, but looks like you're in the middle of a desert. Then, to make it even more awesome, the whole thing is surrounded by bays and oceans. Depending on where you are you can see nothing but salty sand, or water on every side. A very neat effect.

Now we're waiting in our hostal to catch our bus to Nazca. Tomorrow morning we will fly over the Nazca lines, and then, if we can time it correctly, catch a bus to Arequipa. Arequipa is about 8 hours south of Nazca however so we have to leave early enough to avoid the drive at night. It's apparently rather dangerous after dark...Anyway that's the current plan.

Free hostal internet is making blogging quite easy, so hopefully I'll post more soon!

Besos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb