BA Paracas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Paracas
October 24th 2007
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just realised I totally forgot about our time here whn I blogged yesterday, so apologies for any confusion...

On the way to Lima, we stopped off in Paracas National Park, after driving through the areas that had been worst hit by the earthquake a couple of months back. It was quite bizarre, whole towns have been flattened and people are still living in Red Cross tents 2 months on.

Paracas itself had also been hit, though not as bad as Pisco and Ica. Whilst in the park we took a boat ride to a set of islands known as the poor man's Galapagos. It was OK, though I'm hoping the real thing is better. We saw a fair amount of stuff though; Seals (the aquatic creatures, not the soul singer), Penguins (the flightless birds, not the chocolate biscuits), Pelicans (the birds, not the pedestrian crossings) and Boobies (sadly the birds, not the good sort). The girls claim to have seen a dolphin as well but I'm pretty sure it was a bit of rubbish or something.

OK, back to the scheduled programming now...

Advertisement



6th November 2007

Why?
can't you be as funny as this when you're actually here?

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb