Day 102 -


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
October 12th 2006
Published: October 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our flight over the Nasca Lines was amazing, in a little Cessna plane that bounced all over the place. We were thrilled to see these endangered mankind phenomena.

Once landed we were quickly rushed onto our next tour of going to see some lines up close, amazing to walk up to and not see anything but stones for miles around and then to walk up a little hill that makes everything so much clearer. It was great. On this tour we also got to visit aquaducts still in use after 2,000 years, and a pottery workshop that had a number of orginal Inca pieces just lying around. Even Ed was allowed to pick one up!

We had the afternoon to spend at our leisure until we caught the 9pm bus to Cusco (a colonial town near to Machu Picchu). We visited the most hellish of internet cafes and had a hearty meal.

What struck us about Nasca - apart from the shock to the system going from very plush jungle to desert - was the amazing attitude of people living in the most desolate of places.

Also another observation is that it always amazes us when locals get off a bus we are travelling on in the middle of nowhere with their wares, as though there is a house nearby. We can never find anything even after scouring the countryside!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 101; dbt: 0.2228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb