Day 19 Nazca lines


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
August 4th 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This place never ceases to amaze me. We got up around 8:30 in order to enjoy our breakfast buffet. Wasn´t a huge buffet with bustling people like you would imagine. Then we decided to chill in the hotel room till noon because our flight wasn´t until then. My dad decided to put his peruvian phone chip in his phone about 2 minutes before the airlines told us our flight could leave about 2 hours early. The conditions and wind patterns were perfect for our cesna (small plane, seats 8) plane ride. We took plenty of video and pictures in our cramped little plane as it shot off the runway and above the dusty plains.

The plain (not plane) had plenty of dirt lines dancing across the dirt. I guess if you squint you can see your own little images. We flew over the definite images however. The first of which was a whale that seemed to be jumping through a hoop. It took a few tries for me to see the vague outline in the dirt, but when I took pictures it was clear as day. I took multiple pictures of each line. The whale jumping through the hoop, the trapezoids, the astronaut, the monkey, the dog, the condor, the spider, the humming bird, alcatras (another bird), the parrot, a pair of hands, and the tree. The plane would shift to the right and to the left so pictures would be easy to capture. On our way back we flew over another line that sort of looked like a baby duck, and it wasn´t on the list of lines we were supopsed to see. We came back here to the hotel to pick up our stuff and head over to Huachachina for some sand dunes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb