Lines, lines and more lines


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
September 23rd 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A bus from Huacachina took us to the Ballestas islands (the por mans Galapagos) where we saw thousands (and thousands!) of birds, including Cormorants, Boobies, Pelicans and little Penguins, and loads of sea lions from our boat. The Guano (bird shit) is apparently a highly prized fertilizer, which is chipped off and exported every few years. We donĀ“t envy the workers that job - the smell made our eyes water. We had our hats jammed tightly on our heads, though neither of us were christened on the trip.

We then got another bus south to Nazca, where we flew over the desert in a tiny single engined Cessna and got a good view of the famous lines which were amazing!

After the flight in Nazca we found a bar playing a bizarre medley of 1980s tunes/video clips (including, unsuprisingly, lots of Phil Collins - the South Peruvians just love him, to our complete bewilderment!) and serving good Pisco Sours, both of which thoroughly entertained us as we waited for our overnight bus to Arequipa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

BirdsBirds
Birds

Thousands of them!
AstronautaAstronauta
Astronauta

Is it a man, an astronaut... or an alien?


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb