In Awe of the Incas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
July 13th 2006
Published: July 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Corn oh Lovely corn!!Corn oh Lovely corn!!Corn oh Lovely corn!!

What a breakfast!!
Well, our day started at 5.30 am so we could get the train up to the base of Machu Picchu.

The train trip was rather unusual, as the train sea saw´s it´s way up the mountain, then finally starts to decend between the Andes. Wow is all you can really say!! (sorry no photos of this, you need to see it to understand!!!)

On our trip, we got to eat local corn and cheese brought from a local at one of the stations - Yummy yummy yum what a breakfast. We also had to contend with a crazy german guy - very entertaining he gave me a run for my money!!

Finally after an exhausting 4 hour train journey, we arrived only to be herded onto a bus, up to the base, for a hectic stair climb to the awesome beauty of Machu Picchu!!

There are really no words to describe what you see here (yes, we were both struck for words!!), it is beauty in all sense of the word - except for the hundreds of tourists, if you can find a quite corner and reflect, ´that´s what makes it special.

As you can see
Machu PicchuMachu PicchuMachu Picchu

Wow - what can really be said?
by the photo´s you all need to come and see it for yourself.

Unfortunately words cannot really describe it. Only we were extremely exhausted and tired, from the stairs and the 8 hours of train travelling.

Today we went on an interesting?!?! tour of the sacred valley, all we can really say is that the markets were fantastic!! After seeing Machu Picchu, it doesn´t really compare.

The Inca´s were truly amazing that is for sure. However the only thing that ruined it for us was the people we had to share it with! Jill and I made our own fun (I am sure you can all imaging).

We made our first big purchases at the market, matching hats - how funny. Also beades, bracelets etc.

Well off to eat as Jillian´s stomach is calling!! and so is the Pisco!!!

love you all
Kate and Jill

p.s could keep putting more and more photó´s on here, but you will all have to wait till we get home and we can bore you to tears!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Machu PicchuMachu Picchu
Machu Picchu

yes we are still friends
Machu PicchuMachu Picchu
Machu Picchu

what a view
The inca´sThe inca´s
The inca´s

Trying to move a huge stone, decided to drink
The hatsThe hats
The hats

How cool are we???!!!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb