Definetly worth being one of the new 7 wonders of the world


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
May 8th 2007
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well our group at first were going to wake up at 4:30 am to hike up machu picchu, but after three days of hiking we decided to take the bus up. We arrived to watch the sunrise over the mountains. The area around macchu picchu is amazing. The clouds go straight through the mountains. After we watched the sunrise we learned about the incas and the histroy of macchu picchu., which was found by a yale professor in 1911. Now i would love to give you a history lesson of the area, but i swear my mind has been completly shut off at the moment. So ask me when you see me and i can give you more specifics of what i have learned and done the past few weeks.

We got a wonderful tour of the area. The site is amazing...which i know i have used a thousand times but its true. These sites our great but no matter how i describe them it will never do it justice you really just need to see them for yourselves. Plus it was a little hard for me to concentrate because our tour was about 4 hours and theres no bathroom in the actually site...enough said.

After our tour 6 of us decided to all clim winapicchu. This mountain gives you a great overview of the surrounding area. Well the one hour hike is supposed to be hard but well worth it. The hike wasnt too bad, but if your afraid of heights like me then the top is a little scary. the hike down wasnt to great either because it was steap and slipperly. Luckily my new friend mun mun was taking it nice and slow with me. After that hike we were ready for some relaxation aka choclate and beer. We decided to be lazy and take the bus down while linda and her sister wai wai hiked down. The bus was definetly an adventure. At every turn a little boy would catch up to our bus and wave at us. It is one of those things that i guess you really needed to be there to see this boys facial expressions to truly enjoy it. Well after the trip we took a bus back to cuzco, had a final farewell dinner with our group...we made it past midnight which was a miracle for us!!

Well i know you didnt really get a very good description of machu picchu from this blog, plus we cant ads any pictures, but when it comes down to it there is nothing i can really say to expain the site to you....you really just need to see it yourself.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb