Day 3 Inca trail


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
June 11th 2016
Published: July 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to rain and heavy fog. To be fair it wasn't really rain more of a wet mist from the fog with occasionally heavier sprinkling. It was enough to make the backpacks and contents wet thought so we all tested out the cheap ponchos.



I found today harder then day 2 which is the day everyone dreads. Maybe I just struggled as exhausted from the previous day. Maybe it was the weather and lack of views to distract me. I don't know. But I'll put it out there. I really enjoyed the trek to dead womans pass which everyone hates.



Today's views were supposed to be pretty incredible but we couldn't see much. The walk took us through 4 different Inca sites and the cloud Forrest. It was our longest day at 16 km. The weather stayed misty 90% of the trek. However right at the end of the day at the final Inca site the clouds cleared as we came around the corner and the views were spectacular. Breath taking. One of the moments where you are so glad you are putting in the effort with the hike and get to see all of this. We wandered around and got some great group shots and sat down for ages just taking in the incredible views. We hoped and prayed tomorrow will be like this afternoons weather.



Todays camp site everyone was a little OMG about. Again one toilet block which had a few toilets which were unisex. There were cold showers available here but none of us bothered to take them. Tomorrow we will have the full dirty stinky effect of hiking for four days. The boys also said not to bother going to the toilets. They were not pleasant. Also we were on the furthest camp site and it was a very narrow space to walk between a drop off down below and where some of the campers of the other sites pitched their tents.



Dinner and bed was early as we had to be up 3.30am for the final trek to machu picchu

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb