Day 3 Inca Trail


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast for Day 3 was a spinach & sausage omelets, toast, porridge, hot tea - lots of carbs for what was to be the longest day of the hike. The ups and downs this day were not as extreme as Day 2, but the down part of Day 3 involved many many many steps. I was nursing my left knee, and Doug his right after twisting it on Day 2. All the Advil I brought with me came in handy! Day 3 was beautiful, with very different foliage throughout the trek. We made our way down the mountain to the campsite after about 9 hours of hiking. This campsite was located near the trekkers hostal, and they had lukewarm showers for $1.50 soles (about .50 U.S.)! Doug and I splurged on a shower and a bottle of wine! Dinner that evening was a Peruvian vegetable dish, fried yucca, potatoes and rice. Dinner was followed by the tipping ceremony for the porters - a way to thank these guys for carrying everything we needed for four days! This was to be another short night, as wake up call on the 4th day was at 4:30 to start the hike to Machu Picchu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd September 2008

Looks like a wrokout
Love the pictures and it looks and sounds like it was quite a hike!! - no pun intended haha - amazing - you both look like you were having a great time. What was the temperature?
4th September 2008

Inca Trail
We had a wonderful time. It was warm and sunny during the day, probably mid to upper 70s, very nice, and cold at night.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb