Back to Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 28th 2016
Published: January 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dogs in Aguas Calientes marketDogs in Aguas Calientes marketDogs in Aguas Calientes market

Did someone say I could have that chicken?
January 28



Breakfast at Casa del Sol was nice. Our room was directly overlooking the river and in the morning we spotted a diving duck. We spent the rest of the morning in Aguas Calientes. It was a warm rainy morning. We wandered through the whole town up and down the narrow streets and through the market. The town is situated at the intersection of the Rio Agaus Calientes and Rio Vilcanota. The two rivers intersect at the center of town and the train track runs right along the Rio Vilcanota. We did little shopping. Pedro needed a snack so we stopped at a coffee/bakery shop and Pedro had a lemon meringue tart. We went back to Casa del Sol for check out and then walked across the tracks and then 3 minutes through the vendor stalls to the train station. The train ride was very scenic and part way through there was a short explanation about a local festival. One of the workers dressed up and did a dance.

We were met in Ollayantambo by our taxi driver for our ride back to Cusco. We had pre-arranged the taxi when we were in Cusco at Palacio del Inka. Our taxi driver took us back to Cusco and once again the "drive fast, take chances" was part of the itinerary. We checked into our hotel and then took a walk around the city. We could see the clouds forming and hear the thunder, so we made our way back to our hotel. We had dinner at our hotel to avoid the rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

PeruRailPeruRail
PeruRail

Pedro has a new friend


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb