Cusco, day two


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
August 11th 2014
Published: August 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today has definitely been museum day. We covered a total of six: Museum of Pre-Colombian Art; Museum of the Incas; Museum of Popular Art; Museum of Contemporary Art; Museum of Chocolate and finally the Museum of Machu Picchu.

Museums are generally not the kids' favorite things but they tolerated it well and might have even enjoyed some. The inclusion of the Chocolate Museum and a few mummies and skulls kept them interested. And perhaps the complete lack of stones was a welcome change.

We've had two travel guidebooks with us for the trip, Fodor's and Moon. Both have been really helpful in finding the best sights and planning our days. And they've also been great for finding places to eat. Fodor's led us to Pizza Carlo for lunch today. A tiny restaurant with about 15-20 seats, just two staff (the owner/waiter and one pizza chef) and a wood-fired pizza oven in the corner. In Minnesota this place would probably be considered a closet, but here it's a restaurant and a pretty good one too! I think Carlo does pretty well out of the pizza business.

The book came up trumps again for supper at a fun place that donates all profits to a local school. There were hats and wigs for us all, along with board games. A few games of Jenga and a couple of pisco sours was just what the doctor ordered!

Tomorrow, Tuesday, is our last day in Cusco. We have a flight back to Lima in the afternoon where we'll stay overnight before a Wednesday morning flight north to Iquitos in the Amazon jungle. That's our final leg of the trip and something we are all looking forward to seeing.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th August 2014

Loving Peru
So enjoying experiencing Peru through your blog. I've wanted to go there for a long time and can't wait to see it for myself

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb