Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
October 31st 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cusco
Casa Andina Plaza is a great place to stay, comfy beds very clean, delicious breakfasts, central location but best of all the staff make you feel like this is your home, hope to stay there again one day as there is so much to see and do in Cusco. There is a language school and an art school there and this is reflected in the number of young people around Cusco and make the place so vibrant. The architecture is like an alpine ski resort and the smell of woodsmoke is in the air. Evenings and early mornings are cool but once the sun comes out as it has every day the air soon warms.The variety of activities available are amazing, white water rafting, bungy jumping, mountain biking, ballooning, quad biking, art galleries museums and so many churches! The number of good quality restaurants means you could eat in a different one for weeks a really great place to stay and the sort of place you want to come back to!Our last day there was very lazy, we walked to a museum and the statue of Pachacutec, inside the statue you can read about the history of the Inca's of which the Peruvian people are so proud. Once you reach the top the views are fabulous. Called in at a local cafe for an amazing fruit juice all freshly made. Then we went shopping but bought so much we had to send it back. We called in at the post office where they packed everything up and sent it off for us.Lunch was great Peruvian food is healthy and inexpensive and they tend to eat their main meal at lunch and a 3 course meal for 35 soles which is about £9.In the afternoon I went for a pedicure costing 15 soles with the tip and Steve read his book. Again we ordered too much for our evening meal at Brava restaurant next door to the hotel, you really only need to order one starter one main they give you too much! Off to our lovely hotel for an early night as we have an early start tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb