Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
April 26th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I´m super excited at the prospect of settling here in Cusco for a week or two. WE´ve found a great hostel with this open air rooftop sitting area that looks out onto the whole city it´s just perrrrrfect and for only 12soles a night (approx $5AUD) yeeeeharrrr.

It´s definitely a tourist city. It´s hard to find the middle ground between wanting to avoid all the other tourists along the gringo trail, and the relief and comfort felt by being able to find and order a good (and more likely less tummy-churning) meal from an English menu. AFter the tummy turning nightmare of Huaraz, I can say that I can deal with seeing a bunch of other tourists around the place.

Lots of cute little stone-cobbled alleyways and funky little cafes and market stalls etc.

Yesterday was Pen´s birthday and Shannon bought her a bungee jump as a present, so we watched her plunge 122m from a swinging platform suspended in the middle of the air. Verrrry funny to watch. Finished off the rest of the day with lots of eating and drinking.

I started my spanish course today which I´ll do every day for the next week or more. Private lessons for USD5 an hour and the lady is lovely.

Inca trail is booked till the end of June so I might not get on it....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb