Machhu Pichu Here we come!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey All!
The past 2 days have been full of travels! From Arequipa, we took an overnight trip to Colca Canyon. We went up a pass that was 4910 meters (i.e. 16,110 feet). I (Courtney) had a rough go climbing up. Our local guide said I had altitude sickness. We chewed on coco leaves to cure the sickness. I was feeling better by the end of the night after we went to some natural hot springs. I only missed out on a short trek around that village. Someone else on our group got more sick and had to receive a visit from a local doctor...so I was lucky!

The next day we saw condors with a 3 m wingspan. They were flying right over our heads. The canyon was 3,600 m deep. After our condor adventure Joel made friends with one of the local birds. Then we travelled back from Colca Canyon trekked back up by bus to the 4900 m mark and I was fine! We all got out of the bus and left our mark on the mountrain by building mini Inukshuks.

Today we arrived by plane to Cusco, Peru. It is the Inca capital of Peru. The streets are all made of cobblestone. We just had our debriefing by our Inca trail guide, Juileo. We start our 4 day Inca trail trek to MACHU PICCHU tomorrow! WOO WOO! We are all very excited!

We have to go pack our 5 kg of luggage that the porters will carry! I hope that we can keep warm! Next message to be sent in 5 days after the trek! Woo woo! Wish us luck!

XOXO
Cour and Jo-elle


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb