Cuzcopia


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
July 27th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Iquitos in the thick of the jungle it was a double flight via Lima with a stop off for McDonalds and then onto Cuzco. We were greeted by sheep in the aiport carpark and we seemed to escape altitude sickness for the time being. We headed straight for Plaza de Armas in the center of the city where we had rang ahead to organise a room. We were greeted at the Plaza by a beutiful rainbow strecthing over the Familia Cathederal. The rainbow is actually the city coat of arms which they are considering changing because of the shared relationship with the gay flag. The hostel was pretty basic but only $4 a night! We had a plan made out for Cuzco but health and hangovers would conspire to upset this schedule.

We took it easy the first night and spent our first full day touring the city, which is home of dozens of colonial churches which are a wee bit pricey but very grand and full of interesting art collections. After sightseeing we visited oe of the most interesting and important buildings in the city, Paddy Flahertys Irish Bar! It was here that we started feeling not-too-well. Was it altitude? or our 7 days on the Amazon??? We would wait and see! Not feeling too well but it being our first time in tourist friendly Cuzco, we decided that wed try make a night of it! Headed out late thanks to Emmas incorrect use of the alarm clock although it did give us more life and we ended up dancing the night away with 5 Lima girls in Kamakze Club.

The next day started slowly thanks to tequilas influence from the previous night. We had decided that wed head to Urubamba in the Sacred valley and stay for the night but Will had a lima lady to meet up with so we changed plans and headed to Moray. And i should say Hoary for Moray as it was an excellent place to visit, huge teired experimental agriculture thingys built in the middle of nowhere. During the trip to Moray i started feeling terrible (the place was still cool). We put it down to altitude but decided that iof i was still diarreing the next day id have to think about a visit to the quack!

MORE TO FOLLOW





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb