Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
May 24th 2007
Published: May 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ViewViewView

View of Cusco
Hello again readers, this is probably the point where some of you will be getting sick of these updates and will have set up auto rules in your inbox to just trash these updates (I know thats what I did with all traveling emails sent to me, only joking, or am i).

But just in case youre still interested I will carry on anyway.

I would like to start off by expressing my happiness that the mighty Derby County FC have returned to where they belong... the foot of the premiership. But just 1 win over any of the big 4 would give me unbelievable bragging rights over some of my friends, you know who you are and you know it could happen.
PS unlucky Liverpool fans ....you was robbed, but Stevie was rubbish and you needed Crouchy on earlier

But anyway Cusco, so very beautiful, so little oxygen. We arrived to find that breathing at 3600m is considerably more difficult than in Devon, walking anywhere on the first day for more than 5 minutes left us breathless, luckily the local remedy of Coca tea and leaves helped us a little. The hostel was nice, but unfortunately
Christo BlancoChristo BlancoChristo Blanco

The saviour of all mankind...and a statue of Jesus
up a massive flight of stairs which meant we had to taje several breaks everytime we attempted to get back there.

Cusco itself is a beautiful place, full of churches and built in between mountains, I would love to show you all the pictures but the internet speed here is like 10 people sharing a dial up connection so we will have to upload them later. Went on a quality city tour and saw loads of stuff including a mini version of Christ the Redeemer aka Santo Jesus aka that big statue of Jesus in Brazil.

We we{re getting hassled by street vendors every 5 steps, and im ashamed to say that it got to the point where one of them offened me with his pestering so much I taught him a few choice phrases of the Queens English, not sure he understood but he didnt bother us again. Seriously there are hundreds of street vendors selling just finger puppets, postcards, massages (questionable) and tours, although Cat did take up the oportunity to get her photo taken with a baby Llama, it sounded cute because it was bleating but I think thats because they dont feed them.
TramTramTram

Our tram/bus tour

I^m off to drink a Pisco sour in a hammock, hope you are all enjoying work/revision/the weather 😉

PS All syntax errors are because of the Spanish keyboard, all spelling mistakes are because im illiterate



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

LlamaLlama
Llama

A baby llama
FountainFountain
Fountain

Inca Fountain


29th May 2007

Good ol' cusco.
Hey mate. Yeah, cusco is like that. Perus for travellers and cuscos for tourists. we once counted being hastled by 30 different people in 5 minutes. If your still in Cusco when u get this you must look for a restaurant called The Real McCoy just of the square, it does some high grade food man.....if your hankering for a roast or pie that is! Hope it all goes well and keep me posted!
29th May 2007

No Llamas
Cat do not bring that llama back with you !!
31st May 2007

on the subject of peru, there's some very interesting coastal upwelling there....

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb