May 25th update


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
May 25th 2007
PUBLISHED: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

May 25th

The last few days have been hectic, with our time here in Peru running down we have been trying to wrap up the construction. As always on a project like this everything takes longer than planned and there will be unexpected problems.

The focus the last few days has been on checking the plumbing, designing and installing the Plexiglas covering, trying to get the water tank to hold water and not make a mess when it is full and installing a solar powered LED lighting system in the bathroom.

The Plexiglas system has been the most troublesome with much design and work devoted to making a system that will allow light in, protect everything during the rainy season and look good. Justin, Laurie and Cristina have been working hard on the system for most of the week. Everyone on the team has pitched in on the assembly steps to make it happen at the village.

The tank plumbing is nearly done. Leak testing today showed one leak in a plug on one tank. New seals tomorrow should solve the problem. It was exciting to fill the tanks today and check that everything worked as designed. We have a few minor fixes Saturday morning and the system should be done. Cristina and Tim have had green hands for a few days from the sealant used on the hot water pipes here. We were glad to see that none of the green seals leaked today.

The new water tank has been a persistent challenge with Kam, Jared, Josh and Bank leading the team on resolving issues there. We have been waiting several days for the new concrete patches to dry. Tomorrow we should be able to begin filling the tank and the team will also finish an overflow diversion to the fish tank.

Josh was able to install the LED lights in the bathroom today and will mount the solar panel to charge the battery tomorrow.

Hopefully we will finish everything tomorrow and be able to rest Sunday and Monday before our flight home Monday afternoon.

We have all be healthy the last few days. Some minor stomach cramps for some of the team, but not enough to slow us down too much. Kam is doing well and we are all glad to have him back with us working on projects. He got a house call from a local Doctor a few days ago and the drugs seem to be helping him do better.

Laurie and Justins friends Sara, Tim and Bryce from CO stopped by and helped us for the last two days. They were a great help and jumped right in to different projects getting dirty with the concrete and adobe projects.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

26th May 2007

Greeting from Mexico
Hey guys! I have been going through major Cuzco withdrawals even though I´m in Guadalajara Mexico. The scenery is definitely different. I´m sorry to here that Kameron got sick again. It´s so awesome to finally see everything start to take shape since it was just barely doing so when I left. Hope everything gets finished in time and that everybody gets back healthy. Lindsey

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb