Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
September 29th 2013
Published: October 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to some last minute calling to American, luckily I got our 3 layovers down to just 2. The second was in Lima, and for about 6 hours from midnight to 6 am. So, we decided to camp out at the airport. Andrew is such a sport with the sleeping in airports. He was even spreading the word about the sleepinginairports.com site and how we have scored some pretty fantastic airport camp spots. This one, wasn't so great. We found a quiet corner, no one else around and thought we had it made. That was until a group of about 100 middle school kids took over the place screaming and being super excited for some kind of field trip.

We were completely exhausted when we finally arrived at our hostel at 8 am after being in transit for over 24 hours. Check in time was 2pm.... uggghhhh. But, after just an hour or so of sleeping on the couches in the common room, our room was ready. Bed felt wonderful, so exploring lost out and napping became the most exciting thing on our agenda.

Eventually, we dragged ourselves out of bed and off to the market and to grab a bite to eat. Cusco it an interesting little city and we really liked it. Yes, it's completely touristy, but there were lots of interesting buildings and parks, great places to eat and plenty of hiking.

Our next 2 days were filled with market wandering, pricing sweaters in search of a fantastic bargain, eating way too much food, and hiking(although quite slowly at first trying to adjust to the altitude).


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb